Monday, January 16, 2006

Survivied!

Well the first 'lesson' is over and I am still alive with nothing broken. My lesson was not even what I would call a lesson. I was expecting a lot more for the amount of money that we paid for these lessons.. I went to skiing years ago in NS and you had to earn your lift ticket by being able to do a few little things and this guy didn't even do that. He was like okay.. put on your skis (which I didn't know how to do) and lets go up the hill... PARDON ME?? Yup.. up we went on the carpet thingy (which I didn't know how to do) and then we are at the top and I figured there must be a little space where you learn some basics but NOPE.. he said.. okay go down... yeah whatever.. I was shocked and told him.. I don't know how to go down the hill.. hence the reason I am taking LESSONS!!... he then showed me a snowplow and came down the hill with me as I was petrified doing this and getting more pissed as we go down the hill.

I had skiied before and I think I might have retained more than I thought I had as didn't do too badly coming down the hill, however, that is not the point.. I paid to be taught how to do it not basically thrown in the water for a sink or swim situation.

The other piss off was that the magic carpet thing kept breaking down so we waited int he line for it.. it broke, we went to the tbar the line wasn't moving then the carpet was working again so we went back there had one run stood in line again and got 1/4 way up and it broke and we were told to get off and walk up.. NICE! I am already upset about the lack of instruction now I have to walk up the hill (not a big one but not the point) carrying skis which I don't know how to hold properly and nearly tripped over twice... lovely.

OTHER than all that.. the coming down the hill wasn't too bad I think I will have a good time at Whistler..

No comments: