Friday, January 06, 2006

My Christmas Photos Disaster



Seeing it has been a week or so now since the event.. I can write about it a little more easily.

Todd got me a photo printer for Christmas. It was very nice, quite expensive too.. I wasn't expecting such a nice printer actually. After spending Christmas Day at Kelly's we came home tired and stuffed and I came home with a full memory stick just itching to try out some of the new photos. I had 94 images on there from Christmas Eve to middle of the way through Christmas Day (when I filled the stick) . I put the stick into the printer and it said that there was an error. Immediatly I felt sick and though.. crap.. I should have copied this first.. well LARGE lesson learned. Something about the printer corrupted all the pictures on the stick (I did a test later and it did the same thing) As you can see by the two sets of pictures it was just horrible. The thumbnails are all I have left of all 94 pictures. The printer has been returned and I am think I am getting a laptop for Christmas instead (I hope). I am planning on making a layout using the thumbprints and perhaps one of the destroyed images.


The only thing that saved this from being a total disaster is that Todd's parents took some great photos.. (My favorite one is above)


3 comments:

Heather M. said...

Oh no!!!!!!!! That sucks! I'd be really choked! At least you have a couple thumbnails.

Amy said...

oh my gosh that is so sad... I'd be devastated!!! So sorry this happened to you!

Lori said...

It does suck and I was very devastated.. but, they are just pictures and I have all the memories in my head as well as the photos that my inlaws took.

I actually have all 94 thumbnails and will be making something out of them.

Yes Tracy the four thumbnails are the same as the four pics to show how screwy they got.. you can't even tell they are the same pictures.