Monday, May 23, 2011

Freedom of the Seas 2010 - Continued

Sunday, November 14, 2010
Port Canaveral, Fl / Sea Day

We got up Sunday morning and had a nice free breakfast at the hotel.  We had decided to book a shuttle rather than taking the hotel shuttle.  It was a good decision as there were lots of people waiting to get down to the Pier.

We got to the Pier nice and early, cleared customs and retrieved our Sea Pass cards.  Then we had to wait in a line as we were there before embarkation started.  It really wasn't that long of a wait before we were allowed to go aboard.  Our First stop was bolero's bar.  I cannot remember what I ordered but it was yummy!!

After that we toured around the ship for a bit seeing where everything is.  We had some time to kill before we could get into our Stateroom so we went to the Windjammer for lunch.  The food was okay there.  It was a lot of the same stuff though everyday.  I supposed that is just the way it is with buffet food.

Our luggage arrived after a bit, well most of it.  There were several bags that had smuggled booze in them and we were rather worried about being sent to 'The Naughty Room'.  Turns out all the booze arrived but yet one bag was still missing.  Patricia had packed a banned item, an iron, and we ended up in the 'Naughty Room' after all.  It wasn't that big of a deal.  They tagged the iron and kept it until the end of the cruise.

Buy now we had started to move and we headed up on deck to watch sailaway.  There was music and dancing and drinks and WIND.. holy moley a lot of WIND.

We went back to our Staterooms after some more exploring and Paul started pouring drinks.  We hung out on our balcony (opened the sliding door between the two balconies) and waited for our slated dinner time.  We opted for the My Time dining which was great.  All we needed to do was call down and let them know what time we would be coming to eat.  If that time slot was full we would get a different one.

It was about this time that I started noticing HOW bad this boat was a rocking!  I was getting queasier and queasier as we got closer to going down to the dining room.  Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE food and would hate to miss it.  I missed it.  I was feeling so rotton I took some medication that Patricia had and went to bed.  The rest of them went to dinner, the Cigar Bar and who knows where else.  Todd certainly doesn't remember!

Monday, November 15, 2010Sea Day

Patricia is a life saver!  She gave me her behind the ear dot thing for sea sickness and I was back on my feet and ready to enjoy the cruise.  The weather however was making that a little difficult.  We went to the Windjammer for breakfast and then toured around the ship some more.  There was lots of little things to do but Todd didn't want to.  I went to the Sexy Legs competition with Patricia at some point during the day and to Trivia at the Schooner Bar.  I think that is about the time that we met Paul.  He was our awesome Bartender from Jamaica.  We tipped generously the first round and then the next round there would be one free drink or a free water.  This went on throughout the duration of the cruise.  This was our favorite bar by far!

That night was my first night seeing the dining room and it was awesome.  The food, the wait staff.. everything was awesome.  After we ate we were strolling along the promenade and heard some music coming from the English Pub.  We went in and had a drink or 3 and had a great time singing along with the guitar player dude and all the other drunks.  Todd went out to find the washroom and came back and suggested we try another bar that he 'heard' on his way to the washroom. 

Turns out it was the Schooner Bar again and it was the Piano man.  He was AMAZING.. we spent a lot of time there singing and drinking!  I am pretty sure we closed the bar that night.

No comments: